Reported Benefits of Placentaphagy
*The above benefits have been reported by my clients*
What’s in your placenta?
- Oxytocin – The feel good or love hormone. Creates feelings of bonding, pain relief, happiness, and elation.
- Cortisone – This hormone unlocks energy stored in the body and combats stress (cortisol). 1
- Interferon – This hormone stimulates the immune system to fight off infections while the mother is healing from birth.
- Prolactin & HPL – Stimulates healthy mammary function and milk production.6
- Gonadotropin: the precursor to estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
- Prostaglandins – Acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Gammaglobulin – Immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections.
- Hemoglobin – Replenishes iron, stimulates iron production in blood. 3
- Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII – Lessens bleeding and promites faster healing. 4
- Placental Opioid-Enhancing Factor (POEF) – Stimulates the production of your body’s natural opioids, producing endorphins, reducing pain, and increasing well-being. 5
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: promotes healthy thyroid function, boosts energy and helps recovery from a stressful events.1
Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Vol 81, 1912-1917, Copyright © 1996 by Endocrine Society.
2Placenta as Lactagagon
Soykova-Pachnerova E, et. al.(1954). Gynaecologia 138(6):617-627.
3Have we forgotten the significance of postpartum iron deficiency?
Lisa M. Bodnar, PhD, MPH, RD,a,* Mary E. Cogswell, DrPH, RN,b Thad McDonald, MDc.
4Wound Healing Activity of Human Placental Extract in Rats
Acta Pharmacol Sin, 22nd December 2001 – Finding human placental extract has potent power of inducing collagenous growth indicating its proficiency in wound healing.
5Placenta for Pain Relief:
Placenta ingestion by rats enhances y- and n-opioid antinociception, but suppresses A-opioid antinociception
Jean M. DiPirro*, Mark B. Kristal
6Effects of placentophagy on serum prolactin and progesterone concentrations in rats after parturition or superovulation.
Blank MS, Friesen HG.: J Reprod Fertil. 1980 Nov;60(2):273-8.
Find more resources at my resources page
Reach Me ASAP
Ready to Get Started?
I would be honored to provide this service for you. I try to make this as seamless as possible. After you fill out the Registration and Agreement form, check your email for an autoreply with your copy of the agreement and what the next steps are.
Want more information? If you are interested in hiring me and have more questions, please click on the button below and fill out a contact form.
Now Offering Keepsake Jewelry!!
I am now offering one-of-a-kind keepsake jewelry – made with your breastmilk or placenta powder! Be sure to browse the jewelry page to see all of the beautiful designs!